Born in 1956 in Trois-Rivières, Quebec (Canada), Raymond Quenneville is a self-taught artist who has been painting for over 35 years. In 1992, after having explored a variety of media, he went back to oil painting, and decided to pursue his own unique style in expressing landscape and light.
By playing with complementary colours, Raymond Quenneville accentuates contrasts and creates impressive luminous effects. In his landscape paintings, subtle values variations almost make visible the fine consistency of the air itself and create an illusion of depth that is convincing to the eye. He likes to paint peaceful environments, expressing serenity and equanimity of places where it is good to stop and just be for a moment.
Raymond Quenneville has held many solo exhibitions and participated in numerous collective exhibitions and symposia. Winner of several awards he has received many special mentions from juries and the public. He is a member of the Institut des arts figuratifs (IAF) and of the Society of Canadian Artists (SCA).
- American Art Award 2012, 1st Place «Impressionism Landscape», 2012.
- Finalist «Great Landscape Art Show», California, 2012.
- Prix «Coup de cœur Richard Doyon», Boischatel, 2012.
- American Art Award 2011, 4 th Place «Impressionism Landscape», 2011.
- Silver Award Winner, Show Artists.com International Competition. Art Curated Prize, 2011.
- Finaliste «Concours national de peinture», Rêve d’automne, Baie St-Paul, 2011.
- Second Place, Richeson75 Landscape, Seascape & Architectural Competition, Richerson School of Art and Gallery, Kimberly, Wisconsin, 2010.
- Third Place, The Artist’s Magazine 27th Annual Art Competition. Landscape/Interior Category USA, 2010.
- Prix «Coup de cœur», Symposium de peinture Automn’art, La Tuque, Octobre 2010. Award of distinction ” Media 3 – Art Biennial International Art Competition,
- ngland 2010.
- Finalist, 26th Annual Art Competition, The Artist’s Magazine, 2009.
- Finalist, Guests Gallery «Work of the New year Competition», January 2009.
- Finalist, International Artist Magazine, “Seascapes, Rivers and Lakes”, 2008.
- Second Prize, Art Periscope International Art Competition, Poland, June 2008.
- Finalist, International Artist Magazine, “My favorite subject challenge”, 2006
- Prix du public, Quebec Carnaval symposium, 2005.
- Mention spéciale du jury, Symposium Lumière sur les phares, 2003.
- Prix Coup de cœur, Symposium de Château Richer, 2000.